As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases, and this post contains affiliate links to products I love ♥ See my full disclaimer here!
Shopping for thrift finds for home decor is a budget-friendly way to find decor for a bargain! In this post, I will share my Thrift finds and how I use them for my home decor.
Last week, I did a spontaneous thrift outing while running errands, and I am so glad I did! I found some great finds at my local thrift store, which happens to be at my favorite local spot, and was looking for some thrift finds for home decor to change out some things I had already out for a while.
There was a list of items on my list that I had been looking for, but with no luck. Finally, however, I got some “new items” for my home decor in my living room. What is terrific about thrifting is that you can get a good deal on your items, and Thrift stores can be a great place to find the best home decor items at affordable prices. However, finding the perfect piece can take time and patience.
Have a little patience when thrifting.
Thrift shopping can require a bit of patience. Thrift stores often have a lot of merchandise to sift through, and it may take some time to find the perfect item. But the effort can be worth it, as you may find unique and one-of-a-kind pieces that you won’t find anywhere else. And the best part is, you’ll be getting them at a fraction of the cost of buying them new. Additionally, many thrift stores rotate their inventory often, so it’s worth visiting regularly. This will increase your chances of finding what you are looking for. Patience and persistence can be essential when thrift shopping, but the rewards can be well worth it.
Here you see my thrift finds for home decor!
Ironstone plates are a great addition to any home decor. They are often available at thrift stores in a variety of colors and styles. Although only one of them was ironstone, I still grabbed both.
Mason Jar & a glass storage jar
Mason jars are great for storing anything from food to liquids, so you can use them to store anything you like. You can also use them for things like candles, flowers, and more. The glass storage jar from the thrift store can be used for storing everything from spices to small items like jewelry or coins. It’s also great for organizing items in your pantry or kitchen.
Old books used for home decor
Vintage books can be a great addition to any home decor. They can be used to create a sense of nostalgia and charm and provide an interesting conversation piece, and Old books can be used to decorate shelves, coffee tables, and mantels. They can also be used to create a unique wall display. Books can be arranged in a variety of ways, from an artful stack to an organized bookcase. Old books can also be used as part of a vignette with other vintage home decor items.
Potato Masher with wood handle from my thrift haul
This vintage potato masher with a wooden handle is an excellent addition to our kitchen. It’s perfect for mashing potatoes, yams, and other root vegetables. The handle is made of natural wood, giving it a classic and timeless look. The masher has a sturdy construction and is easy to use. It’s also easy to clean and maintain, making it an excellent choice for any home cook. This masher is a great way to add a touch of nostalgia to your kitchen.
Thrift stores can be a great source of unique and affordable home decor items.
Some popular thrift store finds for home decor include vintage or antique furniture, picture frames, vases, and decorative plates or dishes is the perfect way to give it new life. Additionally, you can find linens, such as tablecloths and napkins, and textiles, like curtains and rugs. You can also find small items like cardholders, bookends, and other decorative accessories. Keep in mind that when shopping at thrift stores, it may take some time to find the perfect item, but the search can be part of the fun, and you never know what treasure you might find.
Keep an open mind when thrifting!
It is important to keep an open mind when thrift shopping. Having a specific item in mind can be helpful, but it’s also important to be open to a variety of different pieces and styles. This approach can lead to some creative and unexpected decorating solutions for your home.
You never know what treasure you might find and how you could use it.
Also, it’s important to be open to the idea of repurposing or upcycling items. For example, an old ladder can be repurposed as a bookshelf, an old frame can be used as a tray, an old chest of drawers can be turned into a planter, an old lamp can be rewired, and so on.
By keeping an open mind, you’ll be more likely to find unique and one-of-a-kind pieces that you won’t find anywhere else and that will make your home stand out. Additionally, it can be a fun and creative way to decorate your home and make it truly your own.
Check out these places for the best finds!
Check out Estate Sales – Estate Sales are a great way to find furniture and other vintage items for your home. In addition, you can often find unique pieces that you won’t find in a store.
Thrift Stores – Thrift stores are another excellent option for finding unique items for your home. Look for items that can be repainted or reupholstered to fit your style.
Flea Markets – Flea markets are great places to find one-of-a-kind items. Make sure to bring cash and be ready to haggle.
Look For Secondhand Online – Sites like eBay, Etsy, and Facebook Marketplace are great places to find second-hand items.
Shop At Consignment Stores – Consignment stores often have gently used items for a fraction of the cost of buying new ones.
Tips for Finding Thrift Finds for Home Decor:
- Know Your Style – Before you go shopping, take some time to decide on your style. This will help you narrow down your search and make sure you find pieces that fit with your overall decor.
- Be Open-Minded – Don’t be afraid to try something new. Don’t pass up a piece just because it’s not what you’re looking for. You might be surprised at how something can be transformed with a bit of love and creativity.
- Shop Around – Don’t settle for the first thing you find. Instead, shop around to find the best deal.
- Price Shop – Compare the prices of similar items at different stores. This will help you find the best deal.
- Don’t Be Afraid to Pass – If something isn’t quite right, don’t be afraid to pass. It’s better to wait and find something that you really love than to settle for something that’s okay.
Second-hand items to always look for in your home decor.
- Vintage Area Rug: A vintage-style area rug adds a unique touch to any room and adds a touch of nostalgia.
- Wall Decor: A piece of art is a great way to add personality and style to any home, and thrift stores often have unique pieces that won’t break the bank.
- thrifted light fixtures: This is a great way to add a unique and original touch to any space. There are many different styles available, from vintage to modern, and oftentimes you can find them for a fraction of the cost of new fixtures.
- Mirrors: Mirrors can be a great way to open up a small space, and thrift stores often carry a variety of styles and sizes.
- Candles are a great way to add a cozy, inviting atmosphere to any room. Thrift stores often carry a variety of sizes and styles of candles & candle holders.
- Baskets: Baskets can be used to store items such as blankets, magazines, or even toys. You can find a variety of different sizes, shapes, and materials in the basket aisle, so you’re sure to find something that will fit your personal style and home decor.
- Antique or Vintage Furniture: You may find something you weren’t specifically looking for but would be a great addition to your home.
- Old books: Check the book section for vintage books. Books can be used for both reading and decor. In addition, vintage books can add a touch of elegance, charm, and character to any room.
- Vintage Section: Thrift stores often have a wide variety of vintage pieces and antique furniture, such as tables, chairs, dressers, and more. These vintage finds can add character and charm to any room.
- Picture Frames: Often, thrift stores have a selection of picture frames and artwork that can be used to add a personal touch to any room.
Where to get second-hand items for Home Decor.
- Thrift stores are great places to find affordable home decor items like furniture, art, and accessories.
- Online auctions like eBay and Craigslist often have great deals on home decor items.
- Local thrift shops are often great places to find vintage and antique home decor items.
- Flea markets are great places to find unique, one-of-a-kind pieces for your home.
- Garage sales can be a great place to find used home decor items, especially if you’re looking for something specific.
Five Tips for Shopping for second-hand items.
- Set a Budget: Before you start shopping, decide how much you’re willing to spend on home decor. This will help you stay on track and not overspend.
- Shop Around: Don’t just settle for the first item you see. Shop around and compare prices to ensure you’re getting the best deal.
- Look for Quality: Look for items that are in good condition and well-made. Avoid items that are damaged or need a lot of repairs.
- Be Open to DIY Projects: Don’t be afraid to try a DIY project if you find an item that’s not quite perfect. You can often find great deals on items that need a little TLC.
- Be Creative: Be creative when shopping for home decor at thrift stores. Don’t be afraid to think outside the box and look for items that can be repurposed or used in unexpected ways.
Next time you are out & about, be sure to check out your local thrift shop. You will be surprised at what you find & it will save you a lot of money. Being a thrift store shopper for a long time now & not only does it save you money, but you can find some good stuff. Also, thrift shopping can be so much fun, especially when done with a group of friends.
Thrift store shopping was a success! I could not be happier with my “new” thrifted items, which are perfect for my decorating style & for intentional use. But, if you wonder how much I spent on my thrift finds for my home, I only spent just under $30 for my secondhand items!
Until next time y’all!
If you want to follow along on our home restoration/renovation plans and all of our exciting antique & thrift finds, be sure to check out Linen and Wildflowers on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest! And don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter to receive updates.