The BEST Avocado Toast is an Easy and Healthy Recipe to enjoy any time of the day with this simple and nutritious recipe. Not only is it incredibly delicious, but it’s also incredibly satisfying.
You will find that this is seriously the best Avocado toast recipe you have ever tasted; it is so creamy & delicious. It is one of those simple pleasures you can enjoy as a meal or snack. I love Avocados, especially on multi-grain toast. I have been experimenting with various ways of making avocado toast & the recipe I am sharing with y’all is by far my favorite.
Here is a tip: Try adding Avocado to your next banana smoothie. It is delicious!
I finally succeeded in creating my own recipe after experimenting.
My easy recipe for a creamy avocado spread is both delicious and nutritious. This spread is perfect for topping your toast, sandwich, or crackers with its creamy texture and mild flavor. To create different flavor combinations, you can add various toppings to this versatile spread, such as cherry tomatoes and feta cheese or smoked salmon and capers.
It’s also a great way to add healthy fats to your diet, as avocados improve heart health, promote weight management, and support brain function. So whether you’re looking for a quick and easy snack or a healthy alternative to traditional spreads, the creamy avocado spread is a great choice.
It is easy and will make your mouth water with key ingredients.
The red pepper flakes give it that extra spicy kick! Adding a few sprinkles of red pepper flakes is all you need to give it that delicious flavor for the perfect avocado toast recipe!
Here are the ingredients as follows for my favorite avocado toast recipe:
- Fresh Avocado
- Fresh Lemon or Lime juice
- Minced garlic
- Flaky Sea salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Two bread slices of choice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
Be sure to purchase good bread. I prefer mine Homemade or from the bakery.
1. Lightly toast your bread of choice. I prefer multi-grain bread, but you can certainly use what you enjoy, such as whole grain bread, whole wheat bread, or sourdough bread.
Mash the avocado first before adding the ingredients.
2. Slice the avocado & remove the pit. Spoon out the avocado into a bowl. Combine the ingredients: squeeze lemon or lemon juice from a bottle, minced garlic, sea salt & fresh pepper to taste. Mash with a fork until well blended.
Use extra virgin olive oil.
3. Add a drizzle of olive oil onto the toast, spread the smashed Avocado mixture on the two slices of bread that you lightly toasted & generously sprinkle red pepper flakes on top of the avocado mixture & Enjoy!
*Avocado browns over time, so it is best to consume it immediately.
There are some health benefits to adding avocado to your diet.
Avocados contain healthy fats, particularly in the form of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids. These healthy fats can help to:
- Lower bad cholesterol levels: The monounsaturated fatty acids in avocados can help to lower low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol levels, which is the “bad” cholesterol that can contribute to heart disease.
- Improve heart health: The healthy fats in avocados, along with other nutrients like fiber, potassium, and vitamin C, can help to improve heart health by reducing inflammation, regulating blood pressure, and improving cholesterol levels.
- Support weight management: Avocados are high in healthy fats and fiber, which can help to promote feelings of fullness and reduce overall calorie intake, making them good food for those trying to manage their weight.
- Promote brain function: The healthy fats in avocados are essential for brain health and may help to improve cognitive function and reduce the risk of neurological diseases.
Note that avocados contain high amounts of calories; therefore, it’s crucial to consume them moderately as part of a well-balanced diet.
Take your avocado toast to the next level with these added ingredients!
There are so many different ways to make avo toast. Here are some of my favorite variations for the best avocado toast!
- Bagel Seasoning
- Goat Cheese
- Red Onion
- Hot Sauce
- Cream Cheese
- Hard-boiled Egg
- Poppy Seeds
- Lemon Zest
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Fried Egg or sunny side
- Parmesan Cheese
How to get the perfectly ripe avocado?
Here are a few methods to ripen avocados quickly:
- Place the avocado in a brown paper bag: This will trap the ethylene gas produced by the avocado, which helps to speed up the ripening process. Leave the avocado in the bag for one to two days until it is ripe.
- Put the avocado near ripe fruit: Ripe fruit, such as bananas or apples, also produces ethylene gas. So putting the avocado near these fruits will help it ripen faster.
- Use a microwave: Place the avocado in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. This method should only be used as a last resort, as it can result in unevenly ripened fruit or a slightly mushy texture.
- Store in a warm place: If you have time, you can also place the avocado in a warm place, such as on top of the refrigerator or near a warm oven, to speed up the ripening process.
It’s important to remember that these methods may result in varying success and timeframes, so it’s best to monitor the avocado regularly to ensure it doesn’t over-ripen.
How do you like your Avocado Toast? I would love to hear about it in the comments!
- Toaster or Toaster Oven
- Fork & Spoon
- measuring spoon
- 2 slices of Bread multi-grain is the best
- 1 Avocado
- 2 tsp Olive Oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Minced garlic
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Lightly toast your bread of choice. Slice avocado, remove pit, spoon out avocado into bowl. Combine ingredients: lemon juice, minced garlic, kosher salt & pepper to taste. Mash with fork. Drizzle olive oil onto toast, add Avocado mixture & generously sprinkle red pepper flakes on avocado mixture & enjoy!
How do you like you Avocado Toast? I would love to hear about it in the comments!
Make it an amazing day y’all!
If you want to follow along on our home restoration/renovation plans and all of our exciting antique & thrift finds, be sure to check out Linen and Wildflowers on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest! And don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter to receive updates.