As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases, and this post contains affiliate links to products I love ♥ See my full disclaimer here!
Getting in a habit of picking up your house on a daily basis will help keep your house clean and organized, and these Tips for Maintaining a Clean Home that I am sharing will surely help.
How do I keep my house clean all the time?
Take a few minutes to end the evenings to straighten up. For example: freshen up the pillows on the couch, clean up any snacks & folding the blankets, followed by the morning, making your bed, emptying the dishwasher, or even putting laundry in the wash can set the day for a good start. These Tips for Maintaining a Clean Home I am sharing will help you get on track so you can spend more time doing other things that matter most.
How do you keep your house clean and organized?
First, start with “30 minutes of house” daily. This way, you will find that your house is being kept up. Set a timer and do as much as you can. I find that putting some music on will get you motivated. Before you know it, you have accomplished so much in that 30 minutes of the house! Here are ten things that can be done in a short amount of time.
- Empty the dish drainer or dishwasher
- Put items away after you use them.
- Vacum a room a day.
- Make your bed when you get up.
- Put folded clothes away.
- Make sure trash is picked up.
- Put dirty clothes in the hamper.
- Sweep the floors.
- Do a quick wipe down of the bathroom.
- Clean & Wipe the counters.
What are the recommended cleaning items to have on hand?
So you are prepared to be ready to clean your home, you will need some essential items to have on hand.
- Scrub Brushes, Sponges & Rags
- Bucket & Mop
- Broom & Dust Pan
- All-Purpose Cleaner (check out my latest post on how to make your own)
What are some tips for cleaning your house?
Follow this step-by-step guide to make the most of your time and clean your house fast.
- Clean the whole house, not one room at a time. …
- Gather all your cleaning tools in a caddy. …
- Clear the clutter. …
- Dust and vacuum. …
- Wipe mirrors and glass. …
- Disinfect countertops and surface areas. …
- Focus on tubs, sinks, and toilets. …
- Sweep, then mop.
- Make your bed. Before you head out, make sure you make your bed. …
- Wash the dishes. …
- Wipe your counters daily. …
- Make sure to vacuum daily.
How to Clean Your Whole House in a Day
- Clear toiletries, shampoos, or gels from the tub and sink.
- Squirt cleaner onto the sink.
- Spray tub and shower with cleaner.
- Spray toilet surfaces with disinfecting cleaner and bowl with toilet bowl cleaner.
- Scrub the tub/shower, sink, and taps with a sponge.
- Wipe down toilet surfaces with a paper towel.
Where do I start when cleaning my house?
Establish a daily cleaning routine that works with your schedule and stick to it. Here are some ideas to get you started!
- Make beds every morning as soon as you get up.
- Wash dishes/load after dinner
- unload the dishwasher while your morning coffee is brewing.
- Empty all the trash.
- Wipe down counters and tables.
- Put everything away-have a “home” if it doesn’t have one.
- Sweep and vacuum.
- Start a load of wash if needed.
- Fold & Put clean laundry away.
You will find that each task only takes a few minutes to complete. So before you know it, you could easily have all this done within 30 minutes or less. Who knows, maybe after those 30 minutes of cleaning, you are on a roll and keep going.
I have created a chore list for you to download to help you get started!
I hope this post has helped you!
Until next time y’all,
If you want to follow along on our home restoration/renovation plans and all of our exciting antique & thrift finds, be sure to check out Linen and Wildflowers on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest! And don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter to receive updates.