This post contains affiliate links to products I love ♥ See my full disclaimer here!
How to make blueberry jam is so easy to make. With some patience, you can have some delicious blueberry jam readily available in no time.
How to Make Blueberry Jam is not only easy but has become one of my favorite jams. When I started learning how to make & can strawberry jam, I soon became addicted to making more jams. Not only was it so easy to make, but it was also so delicious. It only takes some patience and love to make homemade blueberry jam.
We always have an abundance of blueberries. I will preserve our blueberries by freezing them or storing them in a mason jar until we are ready to consume them or make delicious blueberry jam.
Ingredients for Blueberry Jam
4 c Blueberries
1 pack Pectin
4 c Sugar
1/2 tsp butter (optional)
Directions for Blueberry Jam
- Measure out the exact amount of blueberries for jam.
- Wash and discard stems. Place blueberries in a pot & mash the blueberries.
- Measure out the exact amount of sugar & set it aside. (do not reduce the amount of sugar as the jam will not set properly)
- Stir in one pack of Pectin into your blueberries. Mix well.
- Bring your blueberry mixture to a full rolling boil and stir constantly. For about 10-20 minutes.
- Add a 1/2 tsp Butter to reduce foam (optional)
- Add sugar to your blueberry mixture a little at a time while stirring.
- Continue stirring for another minute. Remove from heat and skim off any foam.
- Immediately ladle into prepared jars, leaving a 1/4 inch for the top.
- Use a clean towel to clean rims & threads.
- Place lids & bands finger tight.
- Prepare your blueberry jams for water bath canning.
Water Bath Canning Blueberry Jam
Place your blueberry jams on an elevated rack in the canner. Water must cover the jars at least an inch over the jars. Bring to a boil & process your jams for 10 minutes.
Use the jar lifter & carefully place your jars upright on a towel and allow them to cool completely for 24 hours undisturbed.
Check the lids to ensure they have sealed properly once your jars have been undisturbed for 24 hours. If the lid springs back, it did not seal properly. Store in the refrigerator immediately and use within three weeks.
Once your blueberry jams have been sealed properly, store them in a cool, dry area for up to a year.
Can I store freshly made blueberry jam on the shelf for longevity?
Yes, you sure can. However, it would be best if you processed your jars in a water bath first. If you choose not to do so, you need to refrigerate immediately.
Until next time my friends,
If you want to follow along on our home restoration/renovation plans and all of our exciting antique & thrift finds, be sure to check out Linen and Wildflowers on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest! And don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter to receive updates.
SHOP THIS POST
Check out these other posts for more easy recipes!
How to Make and Can Strawberry Jam