A home should be a place to unwind from a stressful day. While creating a cozy home that is warm and inviting, it doesn’t have to be expensive. If you are looking for affordable ideas for a cozy home, I am sharing 13 tips on simple ways to make your home feel cozy.
Whatever your decor style is, whether it be a country, victorian, modern, farmhouse, rustic, Scandinavian, or maybe you have a mixture of many decor styles. You want to create simple ways to make your home feel cozy, surrounded with things you love to come home to after a long day from work or running errands.
When decorating your home, consider going to yard sales and thrift stores to find items for your home. I rarely buy anything new for my home except for our beds & sofas. But, most of our antiques, wood furniture pieces and decor items are all thrifted or found on the marketplace, and you find items much cheaper than in a chain store.
Creating a cozy home does not have to be expensive. In fact, I will share 13 tips on just how to make your home so warm and inviting and Simple Ways to Make Your Home Feel Cozy.
1. Adding plants for Simple Ways to Make Your Home Feel Cozy.
Plants are calming, and they have benefits, such as removing toxins from the air and making your environment much healthier.
2. Decor books are another idea to gather inspiration from.
You can find them at thrift stores relatively cheap. eBay also sells them too much more affordable than retail stores. I was able to get 4 decor books for under $20 and free shipping!
3. Shop at thrift stores!
Y’all know by now that I am a lover of thrifting. You will be surprised by all the decor items you will find to make your home feel cozy.
4. Declutter and organize your home!
Having a disorganized home is stressful, by keeping your home from having so much stuff will give you the feeling of tranquility.
5. Decorate your home with things that bring you joy.
Coming home from a stressful day to a cozy home filled with decor items that make you feel satisfied & content! You can find beautiful decor at your thrift store for cheap too!
6. Adding layers of texture for comfort & coziness.
With throw pillows and Keeping a basket of throw blankets nearby to grab on a crisp day will give you that cozy feeling of comfort.
7. Keep a clean home daily.
Keep a schedule for routine cleaning. Think about it like this, by doing “30 minutes of house” daily, you will continue to have a clean home. This is a great way to get your kids involved as well. Set a timer & get as much done as possible within that time.
8. Adding fresh-cut flowers and plants to your home brightens up the space.
Adding flowers is not only beautiful but will add a pop of color to your space.
9. Add an area rug to liven up the room.
Adding an area rug adds warmth and texture to the room, transforms your sitting room, and enhances its visual appeal. ‘ Additionally, feeling good on your feet in the winter months too.
10. Use candles or oil lamps to create an ambiance setting.
Candles and oil lamps are inexpensive and can be used as decor. You can also usually find them at thrift stores inexpensively.
11. Adding wood furniture to add warmth to your room.
When adding wood elements to your space, consider using wood elements like a wood box on the coffee table or on a bookcase to layer decor items that are visually pleasing. Another idea for adding wood, use a wood chest as a coffee table. Wood flooring is another terrific way to infuse a bit of natural warmth into your cozy space.
12. Family photos and art that bring you happiness.
Creating a wall gallery of family photos of your loved ones and art that makes you happy is another way to make your home warm & cozy.
13. Baskets are a natural way to add coziness to an area in your home.
Not only are baskets fantastic for storage solutions, but they add a cozy touch to any decor style.
How can I add coziness without spending money?
Bring out decor items from other rooms. Change them up. Here are TEN examples to get you started:
- Switch up your photos
- Do you have decor items stored away? Bring them out & display them.
- Ask family & friends if they are getting rid of any decor items.
- Rearrange the space. It’s amazing how the room looks much cozier when furniture is flipped around.
- Bring in some greenery or fresh flowers from the garden to lively up the space!
- Use scraps for a DIY shelf
- Do you have an old dresser stored away? Repurpose it with leftover paint you have on hand.
- Use accessories for decors such as hats, plates, or suitcases. The possibilities are endless!
- Have leftover paint? Create an accent wall!
- Have photos that need to be displayed? Create a wall gallery!
I hope this inspires you to make your home warm & cozy? Let me know in the comments!
Until next time,
If you want to follow along on our home restoration/renovation plans and all of our exciting antique & thrift finds, be sure to check out Linen and Wildflowers on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest! And don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter to receive updates.